In June 2022, Founder, Stephanie Smith, of Cogwheel Marketing debuted Cogwheel Analytics at the HFTP HITEC e20X Entrepreneur Startup Pitch Competition.
In a rigorously timed 4 minute speech, Stephanie shared with the hospitality industry the vision of her digital marketing BI (business intelligence) and reporting tool for hotels. Then, the judges had 4 minutes for Q&A with each presenter.
How the Hotel Marketing BI Tool Works
Designed for above property users, it provides both above property rollup data plus individual hotel data. It separates data into these digital marketing disciplines in an attempt to analyze total online presence:
- Brand.com / Website metrics including Channel Mix. Source Data and Top Referring Domains
- Paid Media metrics including Expedia Travel Ads, Koddi, Google Ads and Display
- Reviews metrics including volume of reviews and responses per channel, sentiment analysis and comments
- Social Media metrics including both organic and paid performance
- OTA metrics including Expedia and Booking.com insights – COMING SOON!
- Search Engine Optimization and Google My Business metrics – COMING SOON!
Cogwheel Analytics aggregates booked data from various sources to compile website performance highlights, paid media and advertising campaigns, reviews analysis, social media, and online travel agency data points.
Currently, the platform can support most major hotel brands as well as independent hotels.
In the future, Cogwheel Analytics aims to provide benchmark KPIs for hotel marketing, similar to a hotel STR report.