Cogwheel Marketing News
Cogwheel Marketing is deeply ingrained in the hospitality industry and participates in industry conferences and partners with various leading companies to continually share knowledge. For further resources, marketing tactics, and information about the big brands, check out our blog.
Cogwheel Marketing wants to share their knowledge of digital marketing and big hotel brand strategies with other e-commerce experts. Additionally, it is important for us to share with General Managers and Directors of Sales that don’t have a dedicated team. Contact us if your hotel management company is looking for presentations to your portfolio.
januarCogwheel Marketing can also be found at other industry events including AAHOA, HITEC, MozCon, HSMAI, and others.
- HSMAI Commercial Strategy Conference – June 2022 – ROI is Dying, A Love Story, September 2021 – Defining Success in the New Market with Melissa Kavanagh and January 2020 – Digital Marketing for BRANDED Hotels: What the Brand Doesn’t Do
- HSMAI Marketing Advisory Board – May 2022 – POV: Challenging Mindsets in B2C Marketing and May 2021 – POV: Increasing Diversity Efforts in Hospitality Marketing
- HITEC – June 2022 – e20X Entrepreneur Startup Pitch Competition
- California Hotel & Lodging Association – September 2021 – Maximize Your Total Online Presence and Beat your Competition
- eCornell – Effective Digital Marketing During Covid through the 3 Stages: Pause, Recovery and Growth
- HSMAI DC – State of the Union: How to Pivot
- Cornell ESCP Professional Development Program – Digital Marketing Overview and Led Two Case Study Discussions
- Boutique Lifestyle Leadership Conference (BLLA) / Women in Travel Hospitality Conference – Digital Transformation and how to leverage technology and adapt to changing market for talent
- AAHOA – Getting Back to Business: Tangible, Tactical Business Generation Ideas for Hotels (Commercial Strategy Panel)
- Cayuga Hospitality Consultants – Panel Moderator covering topics from budgeting to influencer and content marketing to what the future of digital marketing for both hotels and restaurants.
- LodgingStream by LiveLongLodging – Panel during COVID-19 about Marketing to Future Guests
- Seattle Search Network – Entrepreneur Growing Pains: Lessons Learned the Hard Way
- Initiate Conference – February 2022 – How to Leverage Search Engine Optimization to Beat your Competitors
- Innspire by CABBI and California Hotel Lodging Association – January 2023 – How to Maximize your Total Online Presence
eCogwheel Marketing actively participates in hospitality-focused podcasts with other industry thought leaders. Popular co-hosts are other digital marketing experts and those in the revenue management discipline.
- Hospitality Digital Marketing Live Show – Stephanie Smith of Cogwheel Marketing is a regular co-host on the Hospitality Digital Marketing Live Show. It airs on multiple channels each Friday at 11:30am EST.
- Top Floor Podcast – Welcome to Last Call with Susan Barry
- InnSync Show – Branded Hotel Marketing Demystified with Cory Falter
- Knowland – How to Pivot for Recovery
- Influencer Sales – Aligning Sales and Marketing with Holly Zoba
- Fuel Travel – What Independent Hotels can Learn from Big Brand Marketing
- Revenue Hub – Cogwheel Marketing is an ongoing Expert Partner, show Topics include how to close a hotel, both Marriott and Hilton specific opportunities as well as how revenue management and marketing work together
- ThinkUp Enterprises – Joint podcast with revenue management leaders to discuss “How to properly close your hotel on a temporary basis”
- Russell of Hotels – Branded versus Independent Hotel Marketing
- Live Long Lodging – How Hotels can Avoid Silent Nights this Holiday Season
- FunnelTV – May 2022 – Content Distribution is King
- Get Great Guest Reviews Podcast – Cogwheel Marketing CEO shares insights on how sub-optimal reviews might sabotage your hotel marketing ROI.
Cogwheel Marketing’s thought articles and tactical advice is regularly published in a variety of publications.
- Pages SEO Magazine – How to Build Quality Backlinks to your Hotel Website
- Seattle Search Network – 10 Digital Marketing KPIs for the Hospitality Industry
- Hotel Marketing – Don’t Invest in MetaSearch Right Now
- Hotel Recovery – Which TripAdvisor Platform is Right for My Hotel
- Hotel-Online.com – Tiered Marketing Approach to Hotel Recovery, Is Your Hotel Barking Up the Right Tree, How to Optimize for Marriott SEO and 10 Items to Include in Your Hotel Marketing Budget
- HospitalityNet – Various publications (9) including What is a Good Channel Mix for a Hotel, How to Audit (and Fix) Hotel Tax Rates to Save a Few Bucks, and Digital Marketing Timeline for New Hotel Opening
- eHotelier – Various publications (6)
- HSMAI – Various publications including Hotel Strategies to Target Drive Market Post Pandemic and Digital Marketing Timeline for New Hotel Opening
- Hotel Executive – 10 Free Digital Marketing Tools Hotels Can Use Right Now, Hotel Marketing KPIs Must Change to Achieve Commercial Strategy, Pivoting Your Social Media Strategy During Covid-19, Running Facebook Ads for Hotels
- AAHOA – Temporary Closure Checklists for Hotels
- Cayuga Hospitality Consultants – Various publications
- SubKit – An Entrepreneur’s Journey and What to Expect
- Hotel Yearbook Technology 2024
- Cogwheel Marketing Launches Cogwheel Analytics – A Hotel Digital Marketing Reporting Tool
- HFTP Announces Participating Startups for Entrepreneur 20X (E20X) at HITEC Orlando
- Cayuga Hospitality Consultants Welcomes Stephanie Sparks Smith as New Partner
- Cogwheel Marketing Opens for Business to Focus on Hotel Internet Marketing